Are You a Middle Lane Driver?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by crossroadsnyc, Jul 17, 2019.

1. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

I'm not even gonna join this conversation, this topic is not good for my blood pressure...

2. Nik Henville

Nik Henville Well-Known Member

Eastern Seaboard, the nook-shotten isle of Albion
    It ain't just America and Canada.

This is happening all over the world.

:hippie::uk:

Mitchell Pearrow and Boxtrot56 like this.
  3. tallcoolone

tallcoolone Well-Known Member

I drive over 3k miles a month in and around Boston. If anyone should be yelling at clouds about traffic and idiot angry drivers it’s me lol

Mitchell Pearrow, Boxtrot56 and Micky like this.
  4. BowerR64

BowerR64 Well-Known Member

NO MAN! you want those idiots in the middle lane, if they ride in the right lane they wont let you in when trying to merge from the entrance ramp.

I hate that shit, they are on the phone, no one in the middle lane and a long line of cars in the right lane and no place to merge in.

I always get over when i see cars needing to get in, when in the fast lane i see a car catching up to me i get over and let em pass. Im usually faster then th center lane but if some one is faster then me in the fast lane i let em by.

Boxtrot56 likes this.
  5. SmokeyDopey

SmokeyDopey Well-Known Member VIP Member

Hey, at least they're actually using the lanes. Here it would seem that they're optional.

6. MoreAmpsPlease

MoreAmpsPlease Active Member

Hey, you from Jersey? I'm from Jersey! What exit?

Yes, I was in Atlanta recently, I've never been more impressed with the skills of NJ drivers, which I previously didn't like.

If you come to NJ, remember the following rules:

• The only speed limit is your imagination.
    • The middle lane is reserved for not paying attention
    • Nobody drives in the right lane because it's the ultra high speed passing lane or the "oh you want to merge? Tough shit" lane
    • Tailgating Festival begins July 1st of every year and is in effect until June 30th. You can't get good at it without practice!
    • Nobody on the road? Someone will find your bumper to lock onto and stay 1 car length behind you (AC expressway mostly).
    • Racing motorcycles are approved for 100 plus MPH and weaving around any traffic (that's how some ride anyway). Don't mind them, they are valuable organ donors.

Never drive angry. I just assume aggro drivers have IBS and have to get to a toilet. After all, I live in NJ so I know there is nowhere to go that is that good. I mean, it's a good place to live and I like it, but it's not Shangri La. Except compared to Atlanta, or Dallas... or Detroit.

7. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Active Member

now people are complaining about middle lane too? as long they're not fucking with the left lane I'm ok.

If you complain about driving etiquette, come to mexico! I used to love driving, taking long trips and having fun with it. Here I try to do everything by foot, but unfortunatelly the construction site I manage is 60km from where I live. So I have to take a local, state and federal highway to get there. Everytime I go I think someone could hit me. These people drive at 120km/h within a distance of one car of each other. that's even worse and if you make yourself a little distance from the next car some IDIOT put himself in the gap.

I've broke my neck in 5 different places in a car crash, I know how bad things can get. so YES I DRIVE SAFELY because I'm on borrowed time in this planet.

fifteenohms likes this.
  8. netlocal

netlocal Well-Known Member

Split them lanes.
    IMG_0765.jpg

anitoli and jimmyjames like this.
  9. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

I used to put on 500 miles/day in Los Angeles. There is a difference though, when you are being paid/on the clock, vs driving on your own time. You are being paid to be parked on that parking lot (car park)/freeway. Or to drive safely, in spite of all the idiots around you...

I keep saying, I need to get a shirt like this made. A bumper sticker too... :)...

12038458_1061138820598241_6347716795415292033_n_zpsc1t55rxh.jpg

I did see a bumper sticker once that said:

MarshallDog and Boxtrot56 like this.
  10. 67Mopar

67Mopar Well-Known Member

My cousin lives in Kenner, LA. A "nightmare" is how he describes the traffic. He's never experienced the I-4 corridor, obviously.

Rated #1 most dangerous in the USA.

https://www.trafficsafetystore.com/blog/three-of-americas-deadliest-interstates/

https://www.everquote.com/10-most-dangerous-highways-usa/

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Boxtrot56 likes this.
  11. ricksconnected

ricksconnected Well-Known Member

good way to get yourself killed in these parts.

netlocal likes this.
  12. ricksconnected

ricksconnected Well-Known Member

MarshallDog and Boxtrot56 like this.
  13. Boxtrot56

Boxtrot56 Well-Known Member

I personally find it far more problematic when people drive below the speed limit....and very much so when it's 10km/hr or more under. It is counter-productive to good traffic flow & can lead to 'irate driving attitudes in those others who tend to be leaning toward virtual intolerance types. Statistically, it wouldn't be so very far behind over-speed driving, in terms of the number of traffic incidents/accidents caused by it.
    The middle lane thing, for sure, grinds my gears too.....here in Oz, we drive on the left hand side, but things are no less true or problematic for it.
    A knobstick is a knobstick, regardless of his/her geographical location....these entitled types need a good sorting out.
    Sadly and grossly annoyingly.....far too many knobsticks in recent years are breaking into people's homes, finding the car keys and going off for fun and games. A lot of fatalities, and many of said knobsticks are juveniles......further compounded by them preferring high-powered V8s, Subaru pocket-rockets and the like, which get them into serious strife through massive inexperience.
    A week or 2 back, 2 juvenile girls and 1 guy stole a car, wrecked it at very high speed killing one of the girls. The other 2 were hospitalized, and were found taking selfies, showing them laughing at it all.
    Rant over.......apols for mildly off topic stuff - it's kind of relevant.
    Now then, if I had power, I'd take 'em all out the back, and nuke 'em (and their parents, if they've been negligent in kiddy raising)......problem somewhat solved.
    They rarely get prosecuted, and of course, they know this.
    Bastards!!!!
    Angry of Cairns, Oz.....signing-off.

ricksconnected and Dogs of Doom like this.
  14. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

In my area, it seems its normal for the trucks and doing the speed limit vehicles are in the middle or the right lanes and the ones with the hammer down and passes are in the left hand lane. Sometimes we get those "should have been an abortion" driving in the left lane going slow and I deal with them appropriately:D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    ricksconnected and Boxtrot56 like this.
  15. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

I think my problem is...

People who don't follow the flow of traffic. They are the ones that cause all the problems. I mean, if you're going 10 MPH faster/slower than flow, you are a problem - you are THE problem.

People that are merging to enter the freeway, but do not merge properly. People that block people from merging on properly.

People that use exit lane only as passing lanes.

When traffic is going 65 MPH, go w/ it. I see people who pass me at 10-15 MPH over the flow, they bob & weave through traffic, then 5 minutes later, they are passing me up going 10-15 MPH faster again. That's because they bob & weave, until they get boxed in somewhere by slower traffic, then have to race ahead to catch up.

People, when exiting the freeway, that do not merge, when they have the opening, but, race up to the front & force their way in to the front of the line - taking cuts. Usually, because they did not merge properly, they end up parking in the slow lane, causing a roadblock/traffic jam, then, they push everyone else, back in the exit already, further in line, & that lane gets gridlocked. So, they not only block the "slow lane", but also block up the exit lane.

Some areas of CA, when you turn on your turn signal blinker, to change lanes, that's a signal to the person behind you, in that lane, to speed up, catch up to the bumper of the car in front of them & block you from changing lanes. So, you end up forcing your way over, before you turn on your blinker, to assure that they will not speed up & block you.

Asshole drivers...

16. 67Mopar

It's mainly due to overpopulation. I-4 should have been expanded two decades ago. It seems everyone wants to move to Central Florida. The beaches are a huge attraction, for sure. Lots of bush! Well, there use to be... Bring back the bush! :slash:

17. 67Mopar

netlocal likes this.
  18. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member VIP Member

I say bullshit to the I-4. I have been on the I-4.

Try driving the I-10 and its interchanges. Its much worse. Bumper to bumper sometimes. People changing three and four lanes of traffic to get to an off ramp at any speed whether it be 10mph of 70mph. Sometimes you want to stop to see if your bumper is still attached; that is how close they drive to one another. Traffic at a stand still, things begin to move while still bumper to bumper and all of a sudden dead stop. That is constant and aggevating. I slid into a cargo van once with my motorcycle. The tire hit his bumper but he did not flinch or stop. I do not think he could see me at all right behind him on a motorcycle. He probably saw the car behind me which was too far away to have hit his van.
    I cannot tell you how many times I hit my motorcycle horn and lifted my leg to side kick a vehicle in that place. Yes people freak when they see you stand up on a motorcycle and jack your leg up as a sign.:p

Mitchell Pearrow and anitoli like this.
  19. mcblink

mcblink Well-Known Member

I just assume that every single other vehicle on the road besides myself has a pilot who is as smart as a box of rocks operating it.

Fewer surprises this way.

Mitchell Pearrow and mickeydg5 like this.
  20. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

Lol, everyone thinks their local highway/freeway/expressway/etc is the worst, but they are the same all over ... as in horrific! Take I-75 from the tip of Northern MI to South FL, or I-80 from NYC to San Francisco, and it's all the same. Everything in between is the same as well. Except drivers in TX ... they are the worst (in my experience).

Nik Henville likes this.