Anyone Tried Dmt?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by SonVolt, Apr 21, 2017 at 1:00 AM.

1. SonVolt

SonVolt Well-Known Member VIP Member

Can we talk about this here?

tubes likes this.
  2. Reel Tape

Reel Tape Member

C12H16N2 The Spirit Molecule?

tubes and wakjob like this.
  3. Marshallmaniac

Marshallmaniac Well-Known Member

Subscribed

I probably wouldn't take it but can't say I've ever heard of anyone even buying or selling this stuff

tubes likes this.
  4. wakjob

wakjob Well-Known Member

The most bizarre chemical yet found by man.

I used to be WAY into this stuff back in the mid 90's.
    Not so much anymore.

I had a recipe to get your own body to manufacture
    5MEO-DMT, but I never had the nerve to try it.

Back then, all these 'shamanic' organic compounds were still considered sacred. Now they've become commonly abused party drugs... sad.

SonVolt and Reel Tape like this.
  5. tubes

tubes Well-Known Member

Don't ask US whether we can talk about it. That's for the mods to decide.

I imagine that if we talked about it for a season we would eventually step into political or rligious areas.

Here goes with some politics: my understanding is that dmt is already in our bodies, yet it is also illegal (in many places) to be in possession of it.

Is this the doctrine of original sin writ into law?

Meanwhile... meanwhile... I am interested in DMT, have never taken a dose, and I don't know what the future holds for me.

Similarly I am also interested in psilocybin: have never taken a dose, I don't know what the future holds for me.

Reel Tape likes this.
  6. tubes

tubes Well-Known Member

That's kind of funny Maniac.
    Your comment suggests that there is a dangerous drug at loose, and it must be stamped out, but even if we wanted to buy some right now we don't know where to get it.

Meanwhile (as I keep repeating when talk about drugs arises) nutmeg is a very powerful and dangerous hallucinogen. But the State (of anywhere I am aware of) has made no moves to legislate, regulate, criminalise anything about nutmeg.

But nutmeg is extremely dangerous.

7. Marshallmaniac

Marshallmaniac Well-Known Member

Yea to be honest I know next to nothing about DMT. All I do know is that if it's that powerful I'd be terrified of taking it because I don't like being out if control. You see, ever since I saw an ad for a show called 'sleepwalk killers' I've been scared of the possibility that once you're out of control you could do anything. It's probably just a stupid thing that shouldnt have but has stuck with me.

I once took a 'substance' lets call it. And came to with a bunch of my friends terrified on the floor with a piece of guitar headstock missing. I never found the piece and they refused to speak if it.. that probably has a bit to do with it too. I don't take anything today and haven't since I was about 15

I also don't know what DMT is and assume it's some hard drug. I'll Google it. I'm only interested because it's been termed 'the spirit molecule' and my NDE many years ago

Nutmeg??? I'll Google that, too

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017 at 4:01 PM
  8. Frodebro

Frodebro Well-Known Member

All I know is that it's the saddest of all keys.

9. Metroman

Metroman Active Member

I did it back in the early 70s. Never saw it again, and stopped all that stuff ( except weed ) in 1976. Also did STP. And also only saw it 1 time.

Its similar to LSD, but very short acting, and can frighten some people, because it comes on so fast. It can take you inside the molecular structures of any physical thing. Like going into a wall.
    its heavy on visuals, and introspect of 1s self.

Marshallmaniac and Coronado like this.
  10. wakjob

wakjob Well-Known Member

Almost everyone who's taken DMT have the similar experience of being greeted on the other side by some kind of intelligence or sentient beings. They try to communicate and/or teach you things.

It can't be viewed as just some dumb party drug.
    It truly is the "spirit molecule"...there's more too it.

I'm a Terence Mckenna fan and have read a couple of his books about ayahuasca (DMT) searching in the jungle.

Marshallmaniac, Coronado and SonVolt like this.
  11. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

Never tried it never will...

12. SonVolt

SonVolt Well-Known Member VIP Member

The reason I started this thread was because I was listening to a very interesting podcast with Dennis McKenna, Terence McKenna's brother. I don't think I have the nerve to try it these days at this point in my life, but seems like something I would have loved back in college. Did the whole LSD thing many times back then and experienced the whole "ego death" thing, really rocked my world... powerful, powerful shit. Supposedly DMT is way more intense and quick - only lasts 15 minutes but the experience is said to feel like generations. Then there's the whole communicating with spirits/beings thing too that sounds stupid on the surface, but if you've ever been down the road of harder psychedelics you know just how powerful those experiences can be.

Coronado and wakjob like this.
  13. wakjob

wakjob Well-Known Member

I got my first spore print for cubensis psilocybe from Terrence himself on a sterile petri dish . He sent it from his home in Hawaii.

Me and my partner would grow and harvest the fungus ourselves from purely organic brown rice cakes.

We'd take 14 gm. each with 16 oz. orange juice.
    Then go lock ourselves in a dark closet with no sound or light until "things" were over. Then document the experience and compare notes.

This all was done on a purely on a shamanic/spiritual level.
    No joke.

Marshallmaniac, SonVolt and Coronado like this.
  14. Coronado

Coronado Well-Known Member

Wow! I have to admit I'm not too familiar with it, but I bet you had some pretty amazing experiences! I'd love to hear some of the things your encountered!

15. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

Kind of sounds like the movie "Altered States".

16. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

I took it in 1971 but found Peyote to be a more profound experience. A visit with Mescalito in the San Juan mountains, flying over the Arkansas river gorge marked the end of my psychedelic trips. After an indeterminate time, I literally heard a voice in my head say, "Bien! Bastante bien."
    I always found LSD more recreational than therapeutic. DMT, MMDA seemed more in line with the psycho pharmacology of the time. Mescaline was more profoundly "spiritual" than the others.

Marshallmaniac, SonVolt and wakjob like this.