Anyone Else On A Weight Loss/fitness Trip Since New Year?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Adieu, Feb 11, 2019.

1. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

Building muscle requires protein and lots of it. My Grandmother spent a great deal of her adult life cooking for logging crews in Northern Maine, back when it was all done by hand and she was used to feeding crews that were burning up to 8,000 calories a day. I took me a while to figure out why she always thought i was sick if i only ate one heaping plate of food.................

2. bobpick68

bobpick68 Well-Known Member

I started keto lifestyle on January 1st. Down 30 lbs and feel outstanding. Not only am I losing weight but I am sleeping better and waking up refreshed. I feel mentally clear like a fog was lifted off my brain.

3. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Well damn, this is actually working out

Despite somehow managing to put my knee out of commission for like a month and therefore having to halfass it while it healed, I'm down like a 18 lbs and 6" off my waistline, yet bigger shoulders and more muscular all over than I've been since my teens. Look taller too, guess some back muscle helps stand up straight

With some dedication and perseverance, this is pretty straightforward. I feel like 15 years younger... and random girls and women of all ages are suddenly all smiley and friendly while shopping and such.

4. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

Four months into weight lifting, I can see how ripped I have become... I lost 7 lbs of fat, 18% BMI (from 21%), added about 4 lbs of muscle mass... Increased my calorie intake back to normal level after a month of caloric deficit... Probably gonna need to lower my BMI down to 13% by August....

Next goal in three years: Super jacked as Frank Zane...

Jethro Rocker likes this.
  5. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

Better start stockpiling wife beaters T's and muscle shirts... Summer is approaching.:fingersx:

6. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

If you're at 18% (by height weight formula? Or with one of the complex calculations?), you could get positively ripped by THIS August if you wanted to

Just gotta forget about that caloric restriction crap though

7. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Update: well, damn...32" waist, didn't expect to ever see THAT again

Derek S likes this.