Anybody know where I can find these metal feet?

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Paul Redmond, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Paul Redmond

Paul Redmond New Member

Just bought a Marshall 50th ann. 4x12 cab (bottom) and previous owner had moved one of the leather straps to other side top and dissguarded 2 of the metal feet. I've moved the leather strap where it belongs (on the right side)..but now I need two of those metal feet. From the inside of the cab they used some kind of really long staples to attach them.

I have spent a long time looking for these feet, can't find them..maybe somebody here can?

fullsizeoutput_be6.jpeg

I'll be glad to just get those but also I'd like to buy a 6" gold script logo, the 9" that came on there looks very goofy and is not correct vintage spec. for a cab that is suposed to be a tribute to those made around '65, previous to the metal handles.

A few years ago (about 10) I bought 2 of the 6" logos on ebay (with the vintage correct pin locations) to replace missing logos on my vintage '67 pinstripe stack..but it seems those can not be found anymore which is probably related to the legal trouble that Music Ground got into. So, I'd like to have another of those logo's also so if anybody knows that please let me know.

As it is right now I pulled off the goofy 9" logo, it was really loose, and so it pretends to be one missing the logo which is very common for vintage cabs and heads.

Thanks in advance! 17f0aecc-a136-4e81-a2a0-a88a44fe4f04_1.37020aeea32c40c55f6ecdaa63571eff.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  2. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Does the previous owner still have them?

That could be a band name, Metal Feet.

3. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

Ask for a part number then order that from a Marshall dealer if possible.
    Kevin (Kdog) Drury
    Marshall USA Service

1000 Corporate Grove Dr.
    Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
    800-877-6863
    kevin.drury@USMusicCorp.com

4. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

there was another thread on this, but I searched for it, for some time a few days back & couldn't find it, in either the cab or vintage sections...

Best bet is to have a steel fabricator make you some...

5. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

Look on eBay look up furniture skid button

6. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

You can get the 6" gold logos from several sources. Amplified Parts has them, so does Mojotone, I think.

Those feet look like something an upholstery shop would use. I'd call them glides rather than feet.

Mitchell Pearrow and stringtree like this.
  7. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Do any of these look about right?

"steel furniture glides"....a quick and easy Google search.

8. proxy

proxy Active Member

Any upholstery shop should have them

Mitchell Pearrow and stringtree like this.
  9. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

Penn Fab?

10. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

This is the man who helped me get my footswitch and power cord for my 2nd 2555X half stack really good guy !

11. El Gringo

12. El Gringo

13. Paul Redmond

Paul Redmond New Member

Many great replies here, much appreciated. No reply yet from a message i sent to Marshall but it is normal to take a few days as it did from Fender. I got an interesting reply from somebody selling a restored "tall" hendrix 1982B Pinstripe cab on Reverb..he said when they don't have the originals, we use these.....shows
    one like the pic above with the nail in the center which is about 16mm or 3/4" diameter. If I can't get two exactly the same as those on there I should just change all four.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  14. Paul Redmond

Paul Redmond New Member

Just thought I'd put some closure to this thread, some recent info to add. First, I had ordered feet made for furniture from a restoration specialty shop, they were not exactly the same as those on the cab. So..using the info I got here I made the phone calls to tubesandmore and also to antique ele. supply giving them the part #. The operator at A.E.S. was over the top polite and courteous, took the order and it won't be long till I get them as long as they are still available from Marshall's stock.

Earlier, I edited out many paragraphs of one of my previous posts in this thread about finding out one of the speakers in the cab was blown because I thought the post was too long and not directly related to the missing feet. Well, I been putting it off almost to the deadline of Guitar Center's 45 day return policy but I went in there today and it went like a good dream. The guy at the counter (Bubba Wilson) greeted me as soon as I approached, all I brought in was the blown speaker (not the whole cab)..told him it was blown..he didn't even test it, just took my word..he searched on his computer for that exact speaker (G12M Heritage 20 watt 15 ohm)..going to GC first and than MF whom only had 8 ohm versions..than went to Amazon..

Said "well do an "appeasement" by charging back the amount of the speaker"..I said WOW! He also said if I had brought in the cab that they would have performed the labor for me for free.

I really was not expecting to get that kind of red carpet treatment, I was expecting more like "you got to bring in the cab and our tech will have to examine it".. Also feared that if I had done any work on it that would have voided any warranty. I had to go into the restroom to look in the mirror to see if I looked like Slash or Jimmy Page...nope! Anyway, as soon as I got home I ordred the speaker off amazon, and they had already sent me my refund thru my payment method which was paypal. Wow!

Many people like to deride GC allot but remember they are made up of many many people, I have met all kinds there, the best of the best and also sometimes (many years ago) had been giving some information that I felt was an insult to my intelligence.

My purchase was done online btw, it was transferred from Portsmouth New Hampshire to my local GC in Allen Park Michigan, the added cost of it it being transported was only about $30 which is one major reason why I always search thru GC's stock of whatever I'm shopping for.

The cab sounds great as it is right now (been using a G12H 30 Heritage in it's place)..and I think will even sound better with the replacement speaker, as for the leather handles, this cab might not be ideally suited if you gig frequently as it was designed for two people to carry. Without the steel handles it is just about impossible to transport with one person, however the steel handles probably take away from the woody resonance of the cab.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  15. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member