Any jtm 45 users here?

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Buzzard, Oct 7, 2019.

1. lespaul339

lespaul339 Well-Known Member

Yeah I push my amp hard with my master volume to get amp distortion and then push it with pedals. But Paul get's great tone with just a clean amp setting pushed with pedals. Just goes to show there's no wrong way to get your tone. I agree with you Bogmonster, if it sounds good then it sounds good.

Bogmonster, netlocal and steveb63 like this.
  2. netlocal

netlocal Well-Known Member

4A9B1DF3-896D-41CA-BAB3-197D2C5A7C3B.jpeg I have a 1994 model year JTM45RI. It’s loud for a bar band (think classic rock and blues). To me it sounds reminiscent of a ‘tweed Fender’. It is after all reportedly a Bassman copy made with British parts. Mines paired up with some G12M-25’s, and once it’s up past noon going towards 3 o’clock on the volume dial it sounds pretty sweet on its own. I usually run a tubescreamer into it if volume is an issue. I don’t have any experience with attenuators.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  3. Bogmonster

Bogmonster Active Member

You are actually one of the very few people who actually agree with me. So thank you kindly good sir!! It's actually a breath of fresh air. The amount of people who bitch about using the amp in this manner is nuts. I'm absolutely convinced they never owned one or if they did it was too much amp for them. 1 particular person here has said that to me a few times. That ignore button is great! But sometimes I do turn it off just to read the comments and I always get a good laugh.

But a JTM45 is a perfectly suitable amps for gigs. But if you want power tube distortion and a reasonable volume then you're better looking at a lower wattage amp or an attenuator.

I actually don't particularly like a JTM45 cranked to 10. Same for Super Leads. It's too compressed and squishy for me. They come alive around 4 and about 6-7 is just perfect. On my amps anyways.

JTM45 pushed with an OCD is a magic combination. They really are fantastic amps.

4. lespaul339

Mine likes around 7 on the volume too. I love pushing my amp with all my drive and fuzz pedals. JTM's just take pedals great in general. It's a versatile amp. There's many different tones to be found if you play with the settings and different drive pedals.

Metroman likes this.
  5. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

That Marshall juice you are hearing is the limited voltage on recto tube on the power supply . That is the best thing on that amp voltage sag and trying to recover. Thare is no replacement

lespaul339 likes this.
  6. lespaul339

Gut shot of my amp after I got done building it.

[​IMG]

tce63 likes this.
  7. AlvisX

AlvisX Well-Known Member

A guy I know has a 45 that his uncle bought for him when he was a teenager . It recently ended up in my buddy's shop for filters and whatnot. We just kinda stood over it for a couple days ....giving thanks. :lol:
    That thing was awesome . I thought I took pics , but maybe deleted them because it was too dark .
    We were talkin the other day about asking to borrow it for some video

Anyone thinks a 45 is "too clean" ,is just not tuned in with what's REALLY Marshall tone . It's the PERFECT Marshall !

The bulk of my homebrewed amps are based on the 45 ...because it's so cool

blues, steveb63 and lespaul339 like this.
  8. lespaul339

Amen!

9. eastsidecincy

eastsidecincy Active Member

I do have a the Bluesbreaker combo and use a Weber Mass 100 with it....it sounds great for playing blues...rock....not heavy gain metal....still a pretty loud amp...

lespaul339 likes this.
  10. Melodyman

Melodyman Member

I have a 2006 JTM 45 reissue that I had a Metropolous PTP board fitted in as well as a Radiospares OT.. I decided to eliminate the negative feedback circuit which turned this thing into a 45 watt monster. It is loud and sweet.. Fitted with GEC KT66's and all NOS preamp tubes, It is an amazing little screamer.. problem is, cant use it on most of the smaller gigs I do these days.. had to get an Origin 50c for that.

lespaul339 likes this.
  11. BftGibson

BftGibson Well-Known Member

mess with
    jtm45
    jtm50
    jmp50
    everyday..fun to hear the lineage 3333.jpg

lespaul339 and tce63 like this.
  12. Metroman

Metroman Well-Known Member

JTM45 is one of the best sounding amps ever made. Best cleans this side of a JTM45/100.

Ive got a LTD ED Metro GMP45 head
    4 x 1972 Pulsonic G12Ms
    Mather Repro JTM45/100 TVB cab/EC Collins Pinstripe cloth.
    NOS Marconi Osram 1956 coated glass KT66s
    Mullard 10M Gold Pins in V1-V2. Mullard 1957 mC1 LP V3, and 1961 Mullard Fat Base GZ34.

I use a Roger Mayer Limiter to control the volume most of the time. You cant even tell its on,, and retains every bit of the dynamics, and adds no coloring.
    The Volume Limiting capabilities on this device is unreal.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

lespaul339 likes this.
  13. dro

dro Well-Known Member

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

jtm45.jpg

lespaul339 likes this.