Any Fans Of The Cars Here?

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by JimiRules, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Obi Plexi-nobi

Obi Plexi-nobi Member

The first 2 albums were GREAT, with a perfect mix of experimental music and radio hits. 'Panorama' went too far out into experimentation & was not as favored by the fans, DJ's and most importantly the record company money counters.

After that, the pendulum swung all the way to the other end of the spectrum with 'Heartbeat City' a highly-successful LP of radio-sellout songs like 'Shake It Up'. Stick to the first 2 'Cars' albums and you'll be fine. It's all pure GOLD...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    jimmyjames and JimiRules like this.
  2. Obi Plexi-nobi

Obi Plexi-nobi Member

I still have Elliot Easton's 'Change-No-Change' on cassette tape. Though his vocals aren't as strong as Ben Orr's or Ric Ocasek's, the album is a pleasure to listen to as I unwind in my meditation chamber... nice songs.

jimmyjames likes this.
  3. JimiRules

JimiRules Well-Known Member

I hate it when that happens. That happens to us all the time. You play a great classic song and it's met with crickets.

4. JimiRules

I was looking over their discography on Spotify and I recognized a lot of the songs from their first and second albums. I didn't recognize much after that until I got to Heartbeat City, which has most of the songs that I first heard from them on MTV as a kid. I'll have to sit down when I get the chance and listen to some of the albums that I really don't know too much about and see if there's any hidden gems.

5. JimiRules

I've been digging this video. They tackled this one like a well oiled machine.

jimmyjames and Gianni like this.
  6. deadear

deadear Active Member

Great band for sure. I was hitting the bars legal when they started getting air play and I thought they were more new wave than rock with that very basic drumming.

7. Kutt

Kutt Active Member

I'm pretty sure Elliot Easton is on one of the well known guitar Forums and posts on occasion. I can't recall if it's this one, or that other one relating to two pointy horns that Mr. Polsfuss shunned. Probably the later given what he plays.

Great band for sure. I jam on "Just What I Needed" a lot. Rad solo.

8. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Active Member

This. Though I mentioned Shake It Up cause I LOVE the solo, the first two albums are just phenomenal.

Poppy with crunch...and a cool quirkiness.