Andy Wood

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by Dogs of Doom, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

I've never heard of this guy. There's an ad, for the Suhr Reactive Load I.R. & from what the guy says, it's basically new, except it was used for the demo filmed in this series of videos. He posted the video link to one of the videos.

Gear aside, I thought the videos were pretty good guitar work & tone.

So here you go:

2. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

Haven't heard of him, chops and tone are stellar. Guy is really good, I like the first clip and that tele ...

3. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

Nice, but it could be twangier.

Dogs of Doom and netlocal like this.
  4. dptone5

dptone5 Well-Known Member

Andy Wood is an amazing player!!

5. netlocal

netlocal Well-Known Member

6. Derek S

Derek S Well-Known Member

He's great, been around a little longer than you'd think. I initially didn't pay any attention to him because I thought "oh yay, yet another guy (of way too many) that has learned how to play lots of notes, yawn"...but then I really started listening and found his actual songs/writing to be even better than his playing, which is paramount.

7. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

Glad you brought that up Derek. Slightly off topic here however...... the number of really good guitar players has increased exponentially.( or it seems to have).
    I have wondered is it merely because of the fact that we spend lets say a third of our conscious time immersed in music/guitars/amps/composing/recording/forums and the like that it just " seems" like there are more outstanding guitarists or if in the " real " world lol there are in fact actually more outstanding guitar players? If so I wonder why?
    What with so many "Is rock dead" / " is the guitar soon to be no longer prevalent,relevant" / "Dad rock" / last gasp boomers/:blah: / prognostications on the go why would there be more outstanding guitarists around? Although it is perhaps against all odds that a guitarist can make a good living these days touring/recording/session/shilling/You Tubing. The Rock Star thing has come and gone as has perhaps ( and I have no knowledge of this) an active and thriving groupie community.
    In short no Fame/Money/Sex....:wtf:
    Are there simply more music lovers on the go and therefore more people taking up the guitar?
    Just curious is all.
    BP

Mitchell Pearrow, Derek S and dptone5 like this.
  8. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member