Amp Stands

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by Emtbreid, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Emtbreid

Emtbreid Well-Known Member

Thank you, just a phone mic. iPhone X on a chair about 5 feet back from the amp. Amp isn’t even tilted up here, but after changing out my tired power tubes I’m dialing in more bass now and it’s not sounding muddy anymore.

2. Emtbreid

Here’s one more.... just the amp, a tube screamer mini ( I cannot use the OD channel on the 401 without one on at all times) and delay. Been fighting perceived mud for a bit, that’s what led me to taking the stand down. Looks like it might’ve been tired EL84s.

SkyMonkey likes this.
  3. Deanriffs

Deanriffs New Member

My happiest shows have been with speakers on the floor. I just walk out to hear what it sounds like up front to hear the audience’s mix so I’m not blasting too much there or elsewhere on stage.

Tilt backs work fine for me.

A 1x12 combo on a chair or stand really doesn’t sound good onstage to me and affects the way I play.

Jethro Rocker and Emtbreid like this.
  4. Emtbreid

The stand was suggested to me by a friend, I used one for 5-6 months, but something just seemed to be missing. Much happier with it on the floor now.

Deanriffs likes this.
  5. SkyMonkey

SkyMonkey Well-Known Member

I would still recommend getting a 112 cab to run under the DSL401.
    An MX112 (500mm wide) would be a good match for a bedroom setup. The overhang would be minimal (35mm each side).
    I ran mine with a slightly narrower 1912 cab for a good few years. I had a mate run me up a coupling board with cups routed for the DSL feet, and strips of single ply glued to the underside for the skids on the 1912. This way the two locked together very stably. Never did get around to Tolexing it though!
    For an MX112 you could cut a slot for the handle to locate a board.

6. Will Letourneau

Will Letourneau New Member