Amp Collecting Out Of Hand...

Discussion in 'Let's Talk Vintage' started by Geeze, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Jam81

Jam81 Member

wow all the people with multiple amps. Do you get to play them all? I only have 2 and sometimes I feel I don't play them enough when picking which one to use on a certain day :band::applause::dude:

2. Trident

Trident Active Member

You go brother!
    Nice collection, something to be proud of and most of all ENJOY:cheers:

Harlequin tusk likes this.
  3. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

I'm always jostling around to thin out the heard. Wifey always says no. She is a bit of an enabler.. She knows I would regret it. ;)

4. Obi Plexi-nobi

Obi Plexi-nobi Member

Picked up a '67 Blackface Bandmaster head :usa:. Also bought a used Great Dane 100-watt '68-'69 Super Bass 'plexi-clone' head w/ EL-34's. Sounds like AC/DC meets Led Zeppelin...:uk:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Geeze likes this.
  5. Geeze

Geeze Well-Known Member

Oh yes - scheduled visitation for consistent use.

Oh hell yes! One of the many reasons I'm single 9 years after my divorce. My current home is kryptonite to almost all women. If they walk in and still pretend to be interested I KNOW they're desperate. Saves time & $$$.

I'm a bit of an experimenter and a flipper IF I don't like the bit of gear. I believe that you gotta try it at home / jam area to ready understand if they will deliver the goods you want. Maybe instead of thinning the herd you 'trade up' to improve the breeding stock. BTW your wife doesn't have a sister that's available?

Russ

Jam81 and jmp45 like this.
  6. Trident

Trident Active Member

Geeze....guess I can consider meseff LUCKY since my wife does not care one way or the other what gear I get or really anything for that matter....
    God Bless er fer putting up with me:applause:

7. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

Hey Russ, I'm ok with the old amps, not really interested in anything new. Just considering on what is really necessary, I go back and forth on it all the time. Sorry, I don't think wifey's sisters are available. ;)

8. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Well-Known Member Sponsor

That pic is of the soundproofed garage (2/3 of it), I've got another pile in the enclosed patio at the house, and guitar cases out the wazoo in the 3rd bedroom/office.

It's a sickness, but I refuse to let it affect me. LOL

Next house we get will have a dedicated jam room/bar/bathroom and drum riser. That way no one has to do anything but walk up, plug in, sit down and play. That should be fun.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018 at 12:16 PM
    neikeel likes this.