A Real Les Paul: What Am I Missing Out On?

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by GuitarIV, Dec 11, 2019.

1. WellBurnTheSky

WellBurnTheSky Well-Known Member

Each and every CS Gibbie (mostly R8s/R9s) I've played so far was well worth the price tag. They all sounded and felt quite a bit better than any recent Standard or Trad (which still are fine guitars, the CS just are better).
    Some might disagree, to each his own.

Mitchell Pearrow and tce63 like this.
  2. slide222

slide222 Well-Known Member

if that's what you like bud then that's great and best of luck to ya

3. GuitarIV

GuitarIV Well-Known Member

Nice man!

Still waiting for mine to arrive. Hasn't moved since Friday, stuck in customs limbo. Fingers crossed I get it this week...

Mitchell Pearrow and BftGibson like this.
  4. BftGibson

BftGibson Well-Known Member

it's painful the wait !..Wed is my new delivery date !

Mitchell Pearrow and GuitarIV like this.
  5. giblesp

giblesp Member

Most probably been mentioned by others...

The quality of Les Pauls varies from year to year. The '16's to me were excellent and from what I read so where the subsequent years. I have indeed tried Les Pauls where the lack of attention to detail where indeed lacking.

I went into the shop with the intention of buying a Traditional, I tried a Standard and Studio as well. I left with the Studio, it was the best out of the three. The finishing touches on the Standard were superior, and I prefer less weight relief. The Studio was just my favorite, and it was a very surprising choice. The workmanship on that Standard I found mind-blowing though.

If you prefer a slimmer neck as do I, try the 60's neck. If that's still too thick, the LP neck always will be too thick for you. There are 'high performance,' models which I've never tried. There's also the 'asymmetrical,' neck on the Standard which I didn't like.

With regards to weight there are now four types of weight relief, and no weight relief. This is where it gets confusing, as there are five different weights to choose from. Try as many as you can.
    I wish my Studio was a bit heavier, its the third heaviest out of the five. But the sheer playability and quality makes up for it.

Mitchell Pearrow and GuitarIV like this.
  6. Robus

Robus Active Member

Nothing. Be happy.

GuitarIV and Mitchell Pearrow like this.