A Craigslist Nj Response

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by axe4me, Mar 26, 2019.

1. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

BTW, this is in my CL ad.............a 1975 Fender Telecaster........looking to trade for either a Gretsch White Falcon; Penguin; Gibson ES 335 in Beal St. Blue or Green burst or a Nik Huber Krauster II.

74 Tele Rosewood.jpg

I know this listed with many retailer dealers as between $3499.00 to in the $4k range.

It may not be worth that but that's what these things are going for.

I don't think I'm being unresonable.

MarshallDog likes this.
  2. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

yeah, he had no business even responding to you. He probably doesn't even work at GC. He probably belongs in that hipster thread... :)...

3. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

That's what I thought.

4. justinrhoads80

justinrhoads80 Well-Known Member

God I cannot stand GC. Whenever I go in to actually try something they have that interests me they always have an attitude that they have to get the ladder to grab the guitar on the wall. I wanted to try a esp E-II one time and the guy said to me "can you try something else instead" like the fuck. The guy wasn't even busy, he was on his phone and such like what a prick. GC def wont be getting my business, if anyone it would be Sweetwater

paul hancher and Trident like this.
  5. Teryn

Teryn Well-Known Member

I'm done with Craigslist and GC. Not actually having the amp they advertised, wanting to meet up in parking lots behind sporting goods stores with no power supply to test equipment with, trying to hike up their prices once they realize I'm female. People suck. And GC is a total waste of my time... unless standing at the counter for 20 minutes just to buy some fretboard conditioner while the salesmen stand by the Gibson wall on their cellphones is your idea of a good time. Ask for someone to ring you up? They dont do that. I have to wait for whoeverthefrack to come back from wherevertheheck to run the register... and then it turns out that whoeverthefrack was one of the guys standing there. Comes strolling over like I didnt see him ignoring me. Jerks.

6. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

One has to wonder how in the hell they stay in operation?

GC is about as good as ole CL:lol:

Karma bites good so its just a matter of time:woot:

7. Michael Roe

Michael Roe Well-Known Member

I have two GCs in my area. One is only good for to go try something out and then buy it from Sweetwater. The other GC is actually pretty good with some guys and even gals that know their shit. The shitty GC, I swear, never actually have new gear there. I think it is all customer returns from the online GC or Musicansfriend. I wish Sweetwater was closer. They are about a 3 hour drive away. I can order from them one day and it will be on my porch the next. I think Sweetwater should start opening up more stores across the country after GC fails.

8. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

SW is really a no brainer!

Give the Karma a chance to grab a better hold and watch what happens, it won’t be that much longer..

Michael Roe likes this.
  9. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

I just received another e mail response for that GC employee.

I deleted it.

I'm not playing the game.

10. AAHIHaveNoIdeaWhatImDoing

AAHIHaveNoIdeaWhatImDoing Well-Known Member

Everyone hates gc seemingly but what can I say? return policy cant be beat. for instance I just got into drums. Wanted a better throne. Smaller place in town doesnt do returns on thrones. I get it, ass juices. gross. BUT (tee hee), I’m wishy washy about stuff and I dont wanna be stuck with a throne I dont like if it doesnt work out. So gc it is. Going used its hard to lose...take a chance, if your guitar ends up not as described, return it. If it works out, great! you just saved 30%!

Mitchell Pearrow and stringtree like this.
  11. stringtree

stringtree Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more, on the people that want to test the product your selling on Craigslist..

They want if for practically nothing, then slap you in the face with I want to test it.. They create self induced fear because they want it for nothing, then feel it must be no good because there getting near the price they want....

Big ticket items, sure, but stuff like guitar pedals...

12. paul hancher

paul hancher Well-Known Member

when they do ring you up i would say “wait a moment, i’m. thinking”, pull out phone, fiddle with it, “hold on a sec”, “where’s my debit card”, etc, etc.

gotta know how to play the game. also when they hand you the receipt specifically ask where the contact info is for customer surveys. make them think about it. it might not do any good but to most retailers the survey is gold. i worked retail and both good and bad surveys got attention.

Mitchell Pearrow and Teryn like this.
  13. ricksconnected

ricksconnected Well-Known Member

let me ask you people, is it you dont like GC or is it you dont like the employees?

stringtree and paul hancher like this.
  14. AAHIHaveNoIdeaWhatImDoing

AAHIHaveNoIdeaWhatImDoing Well-Known Member

I am ok with both. Maybe its a Houston thing. Or a central Houston thing. Are you guys coming and talking to the employees with serious attitude? I dont know what In doing wrong that theyre polite with me. Now there IS another store in town that has a somewhat well deserved rep for acting like they dont want your business unless you meet their criteria for “cool”...

stringtree likes this.
  15. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

Employees. I can find a bucket of shit with more brains...................

16. houseofrock

houseofrock Well-Known Member

I actually worked for GC for about a year ( realized I couldn't live on what they pay ).
    You guys that don't like GC allll have very valid points. In my time there things changed and not for the better. Managers came and left. Employees came and left. The thing is Yes, Bain Capital is part of the problem, but if you have employees that care you get good service. If you have employees that do not care you don't get good service.
    I personally have experienced both good and piss poor service at GC. Sweetwater has always treated me well, I have also had good results at AMS. About 10-15 years ago GC was the place to go. Salesmen worked on commission ( still do but it's a little different structure now) and they had the ability to set their own discounts to some degree. So there was this price war with salesmen to make sales. Today only managers can authorize discounts. Prices are also more standardized. All the same from website to website. Vendor to vendor.

As far as the used gear buy in, you have to think of it as a pawn shop transaction because that is what it is. They compare recent selling prices off of eBay or other places for their base resale price and give you 50-60% approx. (everything goes through corporate first). It's quick, it's easy, it's some what one-sided in their favor.
    If you don't like the results sell it yourself. That's it.
    There is a local shop near me that sells on consignment. They look up the going price for suggestion. You set the price and pay them a percentage based on dollar amount of the item. Price it too high and it never sells. Price it too low and you feel taken advantage of. Plus when you factor in the handling fee you might as well sell it at GC and be done with it. I you don't like the results sell it yourself.
    Today, I am more likely
    to buy used gear from GC off of the GC website. You can't beat the return police. 30 days no questions asked. Yes they have their faults, and big ones at that, but use them as a means to an end. If you like the deal make the deal. if you don't go somewhere else.

17. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

" i work at GC"

:lol::lol::lol::rofl: Is he boasting, or trying to warn you?

18. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

19. Teryn

Teryn Well-Known Member

Being highly experienced in customer service gigs, and being a district supervisor for several customer service venues, I can understand, to a degree, the attitude and the hatefulness of the job. Customers do suck and of you're not getting paid or treated properly, then why should you care about your job? I get it. I do. Happier employees would make happier customers. Which is why I'm never mean or rude to anyone. But honestly, if your job makes you that miserable that you dont even care at any level anymore... you should find another job. And I'll find another store.

paul hancher likes this.
  20. ricksconnected

ricksconnected Well-Known Member

nothing but facts right here. i agree 100%