1960b Mono Cab And 1960a Stereo Cab

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by stilllifer, Apr 18, 2018.

1. stilllifer

stilllifer Active Member

Hi all. I have an '82 JCM800 8ohm mono cab with G12-65's. I am looking to add a second cab. I have a line on a JCM900 A cab or Traynor A cab with the mono/stereo switch. I know the Traynor has 4ohm or 16ohm mono taps and 2-8ohm stereo taps (I think it's same for the 900 stereo jack).

My question is this. Can I run these together using a stereo jack on the 2nd cab or should I just look for another 8ohm mono cab and run 4ohm from the head to each? If I send one speaker cable one out to 800 cab and one to one of the stereo 8ohm taps, would I only be using 2 of the 4 speakers in the stereo cab?

Let me know.

Thanks in advance!
    Geoff

2. RLW59

RLW59 Well-Known Member

Yes, plugging in to one of the 8 ohm jacks on the 1960A would only use two of the speakers in the cab.
    -------------------------
    What amp are you using? Does it have an impedance switch, or separate 4/8/16 ohm jacks?

3. stilllifer

stilllifer Active Member

Thanks. I have an '89 2210 with an impedence switch for 4/8/16ohm. Regular speaker outputs. I'll just keep looking for a mono cab.