MarshallForum.com
 
Go Back   MarshallForum.com > The Amps > Other Amps
LIKE MarshallForum on Facebook FOLLOW MarshallForum on Twitter
  
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By MM54
  • 1 Post By Salsg
  • 2 Post By diesect20022000
  • 1 Post By diesect20022000

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MM54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 7,809
Played an Orange Tiny Terror

The little pictures on the front are cute

I'm (still) in no position to buy any gear, but I was visiting the guitar shop that just opened around the corner, so I figured I might as well try it out since I've heard great things about it (they also have quite a few Mesa RectumFriers, I'll try those some other time).

Plugged in a quite sexy honeyburst LP, and WOW! I really like the tone from this thing. I put it on 7W (as opposed to 15) for the sake of less headroom and was blown away (it was running through two Orange 1x12 cabs).

Just thought I'd put this positive review out there for anyone interested
bodhi2600 and diesect20022000 like this.
__________________
-Matt
If you don't understand what I'm saying, assume I'm making a joke. Trust me.

Lachesky Amplifiers - Home of the CA10
Orders for 2013 CA10s are now being accepted!

"... And I come from a place
where they drag your hopes through the mud
because their own dreams are all dying"


MM54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Marshall Amps

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on MarshallForum.com
   
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: i like to sleep around :)
Posts: 354
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

cool man orange amps are serious instruments, i just got a rockerverb mkii 100 watter and everyone compliments my tone if you can try and get a hold of an orange you wont regret it.
icedteaburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Salsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,574
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

I had a tiny terror, sold it because I'm an idiot.
jcmjmp likes this.
__________________
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960AV Celestion Golds
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Fender Clapton Stratocaster
Fender Buddy Guy Stratocaster
Salsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jersey
Posts: 112
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

They compliment 900s when run in stereo, both DRs and SLXs. It adds some nice grind to the mids. It sounds awesome on its own, of course.
__________________
Dean Vs, Fender Strat-Pedals-4500 and 2500SLX
Bourbon Development is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 01:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
V.I.P. Member
 
diesect20022000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 18,710
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

dime that thign and use the "gain" for a volume control. up around 10-11 oclock it just SINGS.


retubed and properly eq'd it's a truly sweet amp. to me it's really similar to a plexi STYLE tone but, way more gain. it has that same honk. it's friggin' sweet.

i miss mine.
Dave666 and bodhi2600 like this.
diesect20022000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nedcronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,444
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

I want one of these.
__________________
Check out my Marshall Amp Lovers facebook page if you facebook....click below

Click Here if you love Marshalls!

Come Join the TSL Tribe!
nedcronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 03:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Dave666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,320
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

I bought one with a matching 1x12" cab when they were released, then sold it, regret selling it, buying one again.
They are well suit for many styles, but I like how 'brown' it 'sounds' without the rediculous volume. It's very sweet sounding.
If you have the chance, run it through a Orange 212 or 412, you'll be blown away even more!!! I don't like the Orange112 cab, it's too focused, or you need to get the back of the cab which is an improvement....
Dave666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 04:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
V.I.P. Member
 
diesect20022000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 18,710
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave666 View Post
I bought one with a matching 1x12" cab when they were released, then sold it, regret selling it, buying one again.
They are well suit for many styles, but I like how 'brown' it 'sounds' without the rediculous volume. It's very sweet sounding.
If you have the chance, run it through a Orange 212 or 412, you'll be blown away even more!!! I don't like the Orange112 cab, it's too focused, or you need to get the back of the cab which is an improvement....
right on Dave!

I loved running it with an EQ and a boost to get the upper mids more into 800 teritory then the boost for a hot rodded 800 tone but, even just a boost i got perfect metal tone. without it i got everything else (has enough gain without one but, the compression and tight low end no)

with or without those things running through a blackstar 2x12 v30 cab diming the volume and using the gain as the volume i got everything else and once the gain hits about 10-11 oclock with the volume dimed it's super sweet with massive spank to it...it's such an underrated beauty.

if it were footswitchable and were TWO in one (i mean two seperate power sections as an option at once on top of the rest the dual terror has) plus a nice fx loop i'd literally be my favorite amp.

i was thinking dark terror but, alas...no footswitchable clean with eperate power section.


i figure a dual/dark terror with a 2x 7.5/15 watt option and 1x 35watt option full bore'd be awesome.

that way i could set for 7/15 and run the power amp hot dimed on one side and down with the gain hot on the other and have them footswitchable and with a switchable loop.....that's my idea of the perfect terror.

once they do that (and i believe they will now since i've mentioned it and others with this idea will too) i will be on that quick.

then i can get that, a mini recto and a nice tradtional tiny terror and use an A/B-Y to switch between the channels with one utelizing two terrors (figure the lead side would be both the new dual dark terror (that's not in existence yet,lol) and the tiny both with a boost and the clean side without a boost. run through 2 2x12's with v30's and greenbacks.


that's sex in my head my friend. i could have the dual rec mini then to accompany the lead or the clean side depending on my gig and then use the two terrors for clean, and lead and the mini recto for clean and rhythm.
nedcronin likes this.
diesect20022000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
V.I.P. Member
 
diesect20022000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 18,710
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave666 View Post
I bought one with a matching 1x12" cab when they were released, then sold it, regret selling it, buying one again.
They are well suit for many styles, but I like how 'brown' it 'sounds' without the rediculous volume. It's very sweet sounding.
If you have the chance, run it through a Orange 212 or 412, you'll be blown away even more!!! I don't like the Orange112 cab, it's too focused, or you need to get the back of the cab which is an improvement....
that amp even for metal i thought killed with v30 partial open back cabs.

i thought that and a closed greenie cab would be SICK.
diesect20022000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,114
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsg View Post
I had a tiny terror, sold it because I'm an idiot.
I did the same.
jcmjmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 07:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
V.I.P. Member
 
diesect20022000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 18,710
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmjmp View Post
I did the same.
me too,lol.
diesect20022000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Dave666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,320
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesect20022000 View Post
right on Dave!

I loved running it with an EQ and a boost to get the upper mids more into 800 teritory then the boost for a hot rodded 800 tone but, even just a boost i got perfect metal tone. without it i got everything else (has enough gain without one but, the compression and tight low end no)

with or without those things running through a blackstar 2x12 v30 cab diming the volume and using the gain as the volume i got everything else and once the gain hits about 10-11 oclock with the volume dimed it's super sweet with massive spank to it...it's such an underrated beauty.

if it were footswitchable and were TWO in one (i mean two seperate power sections as an option at once on top of the rest the dual terror has) plus a nice fx loop i'd literally be my favorite amp.

i was thinking dark terror but, alas...no footswitchable clean with eperate power section.


i figure a dual/dark terror with a 2x 7.5/15 watt option and 1x 35watt option full bore'd be awesome.

that way i could set for 7/15 and run the power amp hot dimed on one side and down with the gain hot on the other and have them footswitchable and with a switchable loop.....that's my idea of the perfect terror.

once they do that (and i believe they will now since i've mentioned it and others with this idea will too) i will be on that quick.

then i can get that, a mini recto and a nice tradtional tiny terror and use an A/B-Y to switch between the channels with one utelizing two terrors (figure the lead side would be both the new dual dark terror (that's not in existence yet,lol) and the tiny both with a boost and the clean side without a boost. run through 2 2x12's with v30's and greenbacks.


that's sex in my head my friend. i could have the dual rec mini then to accompany the lead or the clean side depending on my gig and then use the two terrors for clean, and lead and the mini recto for clean and rhythm.
Well Die, Your imagination is beyond the terrorzone....
Have you tried the Dark Terror? I did and my experience with it is not great. I thought I would be blown away but was I wrong. The sound was too fizzy and harsh for an Orangeamp, and the 'Shape' knob isn't that great either. I think the Tiny Terror is better suit for metal than his Dark Brother. Like you said with a boost in front of the Tint Terror it screams so badly... And a 30W version like you described: I'll buy it instantly.
Dave666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Blisster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,067
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

I'm GASing hard for one right now...
__________________
Marshalls: 1992 JCM 200 DSL 100, 2007 JCM 800 2203, 1998 Valvestate VS102r
Marshall Cabs: JCM800 1960b G12m-70s, JCM900 1960a G12T-75, 1960 BX Greenbacks
Other: MESA Engineering 1991 Dual Rectifier Solo "Pre 500", MESA Oversized Rectifier slant cab w/ V30s

Blisster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nedcronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,444
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

Must be going around I have big time gas for a TT. I want to crank that little fooker wide open and rock out. I think I would get a lot of use from a TT. I could use it with my 4x12 and I think the TT and the G12M-65's would be a killer match. I also have a v30 I never took out of the box and I would be tempted to put it in a 1x12 cab just for up in the bedroom, or even for a quick jam.
__________________
Check out my Marshall Amp Lovers facebook page if you facebook....click below

Click Here if you love Marshalls!

Come Join the TSL Tribe!
nedcronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
V.I.P. Member
 
diesect20022000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 18,710
Re: Played an Orange Tiny Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave666 View Post
Well Die, Your imagination is beyond the terrorzone....
Have you tried the Dark Terror? I did and my experience with it is not great. I thought I would be blown away but was I wrong. The sound was too fizzy and harsh for an Orangeamp, and the 'Shape' knob isn't that great either. I think the Tiny Terror is better suit for metal than his Dark Brother. Like you said with a boost in front of the Tint Terror it screams so badly... And a 30W version like you described: I'll buy it instantly.
yeah i have to say i'm not impressed with the dark terror either.

Honestly though i'm NOT a fan of the mesa rectifiers, it's looking like my next amp in the small line will be the mini recto. it has a loop and is footswitchable and has a tighter voice than it's beg brother but, still retains the options plus it has 10/25 watt modes per channel and four modes. So while rectos aren't my first choice it has what i need and i think i can tweak it for a good tone.


i'd still love the mini recto and tiny terror combo though. I love the tiny terror for cleaner tones (gain's great too though).

I used to run a tiny terror and a VOX night train with an AB-Y pedal. I liked that a lot. I just wish it was footswitchable and had a loop then i could NOT get a recto.....
diesect20022000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Find us on Facebook!   Follow us on Twitter!

Our Network: PRS Guitar Forum | Luthier Forum | SG Guitar Forum | Les Paul Forum | Music Gear Forum | 7 String Guitar Forum | Acoustic Guitar Forum

MarshallForum proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2005-2014, MarshallForum.com. All Rights Reserved.